TURN THE MOUNTAINS ON®
SNOCRU LLC (SNOCRU) knows that you take your privacy seriously; we do too. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with SNOCRU’s service. To that end, by using SNOCRU’s mobile application service or its website, you are accepting the practices described herein. If you do not agree with these terms, you should not use our mobile application or this website. Last updated October 3, 2013.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES SNOCRU COLLECT?
- Personal information you provide to us: We receive and store any information you enter on our service or provide to us in any other way. The types of personal information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our service, browser information, ski or board gear, and address. We automatically receive your location when you use the service. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the service, improving the content of the service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this personal information in order to adapt the services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information collected automatically: When you use our service, SNOCRU automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-personal information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. SNOCRU only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our service. SNOCRU reserve's the right to anonymously track and report a user's in app activity.
- Personal location: Your current personal location will be shared with other SNOCRU users. If you prefer to only share your location with your "CRU" or would like to keep your location private, this functionality of SNOCRU can be altered within the privacy settings of the SNOCRU application.
HOW IS MY INFORMATION SHARED?
SNOCRU may share your personal information only as described below.
- CRU: Your “CRU” can see the location and time of each of your check-ins, first name and last name, email, phone number, photo, home resort, karma points, ski/board gear, links to your Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your SNOCRU account), and a list of your “CRU”. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in status updates or check-ins, or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in our service.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your personal information.
- Information shared with everyone: One of the primary reasons people use SNOCRU is to share content with others. Information such as your first name and last name, Karma points, leaderboard statistics including checkins and tracks associated with resorts, number of “CRU” members, photo, and ski/board gear may be available to other SNOCRU users.
SNOCRU service also has the following features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the service, that information may be available to the wider SNOCRU community, or may be published on the SNOCRU website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
- Near me
- Connect with Twitter and Facebook
- Update status
- Check in
SHARING WITH PARTNERS, IN CONNECTION WITH BUSINESS TRANSFERS, AND FOR THE PROTECTION OF SNOCRU AND OTHERS:
- Our partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through SNOCRU’s service.
- Protection of SNOCRU and Others: We reserve the right to release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SNOCRU, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your SNOCRU account personal information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
SNOCRU endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, SNOCRU cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of SNOCRU or the site or your submission of any personal information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
SNOCRU allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the SNOCRU app by visiting edit my profile page (which can be accessed in the “settings” tab).
- First and Last name
- Relationship Status
- Account type
- Cell phone number
- Other user profile information (for example, address, activity, ability)
HOW IS INFORMATION REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
Deletion of your account can be achieved by emailing a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using SNOCRU, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.